Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Tired of getting faked out

Yup. Tired of it. I have been holding off on going on my Nolichucky hike mainly because of weather forecast. So much for that. Stay home just to see no rain. Well I am done with waiting. My calf muscle is feeling better now and only a 30% chance of rain on Saturday and Sunday. Looks like the water will be a little higher than I want but dang it, I am itching to see if there is or is not gold in the Noli.

After some more research, I decided not to make it a overnight trip. As hard as I sleep, I would not want to risk a Black Bear intrusion in my camp alone. I still look at personal safety as an important decision. That is also going to make my pack lighter by removing my overnight items. I guess I will drive out while it is dark and make as much of a day of it as I can on either Saturday or Sunday.

Going to go through the pack as soon as I am done with this post. I think I will scotch guard the pack too. Hopefully my next post will be on my trip and hoping with gold found.

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment